DEQ's Western Region encompasses 12 counties (Benton, Coos, Curry,
Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk and
Yamhill) and has regional offices in Coos Bay, Eugene, Grants Pass,
Medford and Salem.
Western Region Office Information -
locations, phone numbers, maps
Western Region Initiatives - three
initiatives to help align regional work with DEQ's Strategic
Directions and focus on issues important to communities in Western
DEQ's Western Region Staff assist with:
- Developing and issuing permits regulating water discharges, air
emissions and hazardous and solid waste disposal.
- Monitoring and inspecting facilities to ensure compliance with
- Providing compliance and technical assistance to facilities.
- Protecting the public from exposure to asbestos and impacts from
illegal burning activities.
- Offering technical assistance on air quality and hazardous waste
issues to small businesses.
- Protecting water supplies from contamination.
- Providing leadership and effective response any time there is a
spill of a hazardous substance.
- Supervising environmental cleanups of contaminated property.
- Providing oversight and technical assistance to commercial
underground storage tank facilities to prevent, detect and correct
fuel leaks to groundwater.
- Supporting community involvement in environmental protection
through outreach activities, response to public queries; and public
notice and involvement processes for proposed rulemaking.