Oregon's Leaking Underground Storage Tank Program is part of the
Department's Land Quality Division. The LUST Program handles issues
related to cleanup of soil and groundwater contamination from spills
and releases from regulated underground storage tanks, contractors
working on cleanup of soil and groundwater contamination at LUST
sites and enforcement of state and federal LUST rules.
Cleanup Training Seminars
The Oregon Department
of Environmental Quality conducted three cleanup training seminars
in October 2012 focusing primarily on petroleum cleanup. Each
session covered the following topics:
- Updates and effective use of risk-based decision-making
- Vapor intrusion refresher
- Prospective purchaser agreement guidance update
- Quality assurance project plans updates, tanks and
- Case studies
Videos of the training are available on Vimeo
General Program Information
Invoicing for Cleanup Program
Investigating Potential Insurance Assets for Contaminated UST Cleanup Sites
Petroleum-Contaminated Soil - Approved Oregon Disposal Sites List
Permit Requirements for UST
Recovery Act Final Performance Report 2011 PDF
Risk-Based Decision Making for the
Remediation of Petroleum-Contaminated Sites
UST Cleanup Contractor Cleanup Day
LUST Cleanup Laws and Regulations
Copies of these laws and rules are available by clicking the Laws
and Regulations link at the top of this page.
- Oregon Revised Statute
- ORS Chapter 465 - Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials I
Sections 465.200 to 465.455 and 465.900
- ORS Chapter 466 - Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials II
Sections 466.706 to 466.845, 466.994 and 466.995
Federal Law - Subtitle I of Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
Regulation of Underground Storage Tanks
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Division 12 - Enforcement Procedures and Civil Penalties
- Division 122 - Hazardous Substance Remedial Action Rules
Cleanup Rules for Leaking Petroleum UST Systems OAR 340-122-0205
- Regulations and Guidance
- Other State Agencies with
applicable laws and rules
If you are an existing or potential contractor and have questions
- What are the current requirements for contractors working on
- What are the service provider license renewal requirements?
- Where can I obtain copies of the laws and rules on licensing UST
service providers and supervisors?
- What are the licensing requirements for becoming an UST
- Where can I take the exam to become an UST supervisor?
Additional information from databases and mapping applications
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) Cleanup Site Database
Search this database for sites that have reported releases from petroleum-containing underground storage tanks, including residential heating oil tanks, regulated tanks at gas stations and other commercial facilities, and non-regulated tanks.
- Environmental Cleanup Site Information (ECSI)
View a list of past and present contaminated sites and cleanup projects for your selected area. Site Summary Reports are available for each site.
- Facility Profiler
A location-based way to find out about DEQ activity in your neighborhood. It identifies past and present permit holders and contains information about sites that may have been contaminated by past operations.