Materials For Loan
A compiled list of materials (displays, books, videos, etc) suitable
for use in classrooms, at events, or for office presentations.
- Blueprint for a Green School Author: Jayni Chase
A complete guidebook to environmental issues on school grounds.
- Worms Eat Our Garbage: Classroom Activities for a Better
Environment Authors: Appelhof, Fenton, Harris. (Book)
- Environmental Grant-making Foundations Author: Resources
for Global Sustainability, Inc. 2001. (CD Rom)
- Hazard Zone Tool Kit
- Saving Little Pieces of Our Earth, and other videos
available for downloading from the Marion County Public Works Web
site. Saving Little Pieces of Our Earth is also available as
a DVD by calling 503-229-6724 or
- Wonderful World of Recycling Author, US EPA. (VHS, 13
minutes) Grades 3 and below.
This video teaches about how recycling helps keep the world
beautiful. Best used in conjunction with lessons on Litter, Trash or
Treasure, or Lifecycle RE-Cycle in Rethinking Recycling.
- Worm Bin Creatures Alive Through a Microscope Author,
Warren Hatch. (VHS, 31.5 minutes long) Grades 1 and up.
Best used in conjunction with Composting lessons in Rethinking
- Waste Prevention Videos. Author, Oregon State University
Extension Master Recyclers. Series of three VHS tapes. Perfect for
starting your waste prevention efforts at work:
- Why Should I Bother: Waste Prevention in the Workplace
Introduction to the benefits of cutting waste.
- Better than Recycling: Waste Prevention in the Office
Focuses on reducing the use of paper.
- Better than Recycling: Waste Prevention in Manufacturing
and Distribution (16 minutes)
Hear how Oregon businesses have streamlined their operations.
Videos to keep (DVD/VHS):
- Lifecycle of Glass and Paper Author, Oregon DEQ. (14
minutes) See what happens when materials leave your curbside
until they become a new product. Set to music, appropriate for
Grade 1 and up.
- Time's a Wastin': Garbage and Recycling in Oregon
Author, Oregon DEQ. (22 minutes) Discover the way we used to
deal with waste and learn how to prevent waste by shopping
smart. Appropriate for Grade 4 and up.
Call to borrow materials for your upcoming event: 503-229-6724, or
toll-free within Oregon at 1-800-452-4011 x6724, or
. We arrange shipping and pickup for the displays at no cost (within
Oregon). You pay return shipping on books and videos.