Both current and former manufacturers of computers, monitors,
TVs, and printers, whose products are sold in or into Oregon must register and pay
a registration fee to DEQ annually.
- Registration is open from October 15 to December 31
- Invoices for registration fees are sent May 1
- Registration fees are due July 1
A manufacturer includes any entity that:
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs under a brand that it owns
or is licensed to use (unless the license is to manufacture CEDs
for delivery exclusively to or at the order of the licenser);
- Sells or sold CEDs manufactured by others under a brand that
the seller owns;
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs without affixing a brand;
- Manufactures or manufactured CEDs to which it affixes a
brand that it does not own; or
Imports or imported CEDs (unless at the time the CEDs were
imported they were registered by another manufacturer).
DEQ would like all manufacturers to register via the
This service is a tool developed by the Electronics Recycling
Coordination Clearinghouse, and provides a central platform for
manufacturers to register their brands under multiple states with
e-waste laws. If you have not already done so, please visit
to set up your account.
Why register online?
The biggest benefit is that it makes registering for Oregon E-Cycles in
subsequent years a lot easier. After you set up your account, and
register for the first time, you’ll simply need to verify and/or edit
that information in subsequent years. That should avoid a lot of
redundant data entry for you, and for DEQ.
The eCycleRegistration website will prompt you to enter the following
- Manufacturer name and web address.
- The type of recycling program the manufacturer will
participate in for the following year: the State Contractor
Program, an individual manufacturer program, or a group
- Name, address, phone number and e-mail for a primary and
billing contact (if different). The primary contact receives
notifications about registration and compliance issues; the
billing contact receives invoices.
- A list of all the manufacturer’s current and former brands
of computers, monitors and TVs, including dates manufactured.
For former brands, the manufacturer must also note whether the
brand has been discontinued or is being made by another
- Finally, your company’s designated representative will be
prompted to certify that the information provided is accurate,
and that they have reviewed their responsibilities under Oregon
After submitting your registration, DEQ will review, approve
and/or follow-up with you directly if further clarification is
registration fees and tier assignments page for more
For general questions about Oregon’s Electronics Recycling Law,
please contact Oregon E-Cycles Program staff at 503-229-5830 or via
e-mail at email@example.com.
For technical questions about the eCycleRegistration website, please
contact Jason Linnell of ERCC at