ATTENTION MANUFACTURERS: Senate Bill 82, which was signed into
law on June 29, 2011, makes several changes to the law. Starting in
2011, recycling program credits, and in 2015, adding computer
peripherals (keyboards and mice) and printers to the program.
Both current and former manufacturers must comply with all
requirements under Oregon E-Cycles (ORS 459.300-.365) in order for their
products to be sold in or into Oregon.
- Register with DEQ. All manufacturers (current and former) must register their brands
with DEQ annually. Registration is open from October 15 – December
31 every year.
- Pay registration fee. All manufacturers (current and
former) must pay a registration
fee to DEQ annually. Invoices for registration fees are sent May 1;
payment is due July 1.
- Participate in a recycling program. At the time of registration,
manufacturers must indicate which recycling program they will use:
the State Contractor Program, their own program or a group program.
Manufacturers must meet certain requirements to pursue their own or
- Pay recycling fee. Annual recycling fees, if applicable,
are invoiced July 1 and are due September 1.
- Label computers, monitors and TVs. All computers, monitors and TVs
sold in or into
Oregon must have a readily visible brand label permanently affixed
to the product.
For more information
Provides manufacturers with detailed information to
successfully meet their obligations under Oregon E-Cycles.